Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Updates on releases!

*****UPDATES*****
Hi everyone! I thought it was time to give some updates on future plans and what I've been working on. It's been a long time since I have and I wanted you to know that things are going to be changing a little.
For 2017 I plan to focus more on my Brenda K. Davies pen name. For the past four years, I've been more focused on my Erica Stevens pen name as I had more ideas for stories that would fit better under that name, but at this time ideas have swung the other way.
At this point, I had planned to be further ahead in my writing and future works than I am right now, but these past 5 months or so have been extremely hectic as we all know life can be. Which means that plans for releases have changed.
The Road and Fractured will both still be coming out in January. I had originally planned to have Into Hell (The Road to Hell Series, book 4) out in March/April, but I recently realized I was never going to make this goal without putting a lot of stress on myself in order to do so, and that I still might not make it. Since my doctor has recommended reducing stress and I know my husband would love it if I did, I took a step back to rethink my plan for things.
This was not an easy decision for me to make as this was not my plan for this series at all, but I have not had the time to focus on my writing that I had hoped these past months. However, there is good news!
Since I knew I would not be able to make my goal with Into Hell, I decided to put it aside to work on Ronan's story. Why you ask? Well because I already had about 60,000 words in a manuscript I started YEARS ago written. I realized a while ago that this manuscript would work well for his story. It needs a major overhaul, but I'm about halfway through the first rewrite of it and have it up to almost 80,000 words already! It still needs a lot of work and of course edits, but whereas I never would have gotten Into Hell done, I should be able to have Ronan's story AKA Eternally Bound (The Alliance, Book 1) out in March/April. :)
So what does this mean for The Road to Hell Series? It means it's just getting pushed back a little. I will be happily diving back into Into Hell soon. I am hoping to have it out in May/June. Into Hell will most likely be the end of River and Kobal's major story arc. However, when I originally started this series, I planned to do a spin off of it. The spin off would have each book in the series focusing on a different character, but now I'm unsure if I will do a spin off or if the series will continue after book 4 with each following book focusing on a different character.
I'm undecided if a continuation would be easier or better because of the vast amount of mythology in this series, and how much the secondary characters come into play as the series progresses. I will figure this out more as I work through Into Hell and will decide which will be the easier/better way to go.
There will also be more books in the Vampire Awakening Series! :) I'm hoping to do a crossover between Vicky and a character that will be introduced in Ronan's story. I think the two of them will make for an interesting love/hate combo! Aiden will definitely be getting his own story and after writing David's story, I'm thinking novellas for the other Stooges will be fun!
Between some health concerns (nothing major, but I'd like to keep it that way), losing loved ones, realizing it's time to spend more time on keeping me healthy, and with my family, I've decided to take my doctor's advice to try to reduce stress. The first step in this is that on December 1st, I will be bringing someone in to help me with my pages, book club, and other things. I will still be interacting, posting things, and replying to you, but Jamie Davis will be helping me make things more fun and allowing me more time to focus on writing. You will ALWAYS know if it's me or Jamie responding to you. Some of you may already have the good fortune of knowing Jamie, but if you don't, I know you're going to love her! She is a lot of fun and has some amazing book recommendations!
Thank you all for your continued support, kind words, and understanding, it means the world to me. <3 I'm looking forward to all that 2017 has to bring and can't wait to share even more stories with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment